You know I like to make foods on the weekend that can last me all week. I triumphantly(?) quit my night job this week, but I will probably still make all of my food on Sunday to allow for more sitting on my ass during weeknights.
Turkey Jalapeno Meatballs with BBQ Sizzurp
– 1 Package (20 oz.) Ground Turkey (jive turkey)
– 2 Tbsp. Olive Oil (this time, don’t buy the cheap shit)
– 1 Egg, Beaten (similar in fashion to a red-headed stepchild)
– 1/3 Cup Italian Bread Crumbs (preferably made from real Italians)
– Three Green Onions, Chopped
– One Medium Sized Jalapeño, Chopped
– Sriracha to Taste
– Old Bay to Taste (if you are from Maryland or are awesome enough to own Old Bay anyway.)
- 1. Preheat the oven to 350°F (or 175°C, if you are like my roommate and think you are European). Grease a 9×13 inch baking dish or sheet pan with the olive oil. Or use tinfoil and Pam Cooking Spray, with your broke ass.
- 2. In a medium bowl, mix together all of the ingredients using your dirty immigrant hands. Form the meat into golf ball sized meatballs. Place about 1 inch apart in the baking dish.
- 3. Bake for 15 minutes in the preheated oven, then turn them over, and continue baking for about 5 more minutes, or until somewhat crispy on the outside. Or be like me and bake for 20 minutes without flipping. I lived.
– 1 (32 ounce) jar grape jelly
– 2 (12 ounce) jars chili sauce (such as Heinz Chili Sauce)
– 1 pinch cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1. In a pot combine the grape jelly with the chili sauce; add in the cooked meatballs and simmer for about 45 minutes uncovered or until sauce has thickened.
- 2. Gloat.